| Where there is smoke there is fire. 事出有因。 |
| I hope the weather there is cold enough. 我希望那儿天气够冷。 |
| Mind your own business! 管好你自己的事! |
| This house is my own. 这所房子是我自己的。 |
| Don’t give me your ****. 別跟我胡扯。 |
| In education we are striving not to teach youth to make a living but to make a life. 教育不是为了教会青年人谋生,而是教会他们创造生活。 |
| He was absent yesterday. Do you know why? 昨天他没到,你知道为什么吗? |
| A friend is never known till a man has need. 需要之时方知友。 |
| Sorry to bother you. 抱歉打扰你。[事前] |
| 好的衣装只能打扮出个好外表。 Fine feathers make fine birds. |
| 等待走运无异于等待死亡。 To wait for luck is the same thing as waiting for death. |
| 谁告诉你的? Who told you? |
| 我宁可正确而不愿当总统。 I would rather be right than President. |
| 太对不起了。 I feel terrible about it |
| 我会工作五年,然后会学校。 I'll work for 5 years and then go back to school. |
| 人望幸福树望春。 Man aspires after happiness and trees wait for the advent of spring. |
| 选书应和交友一样谨慎,因为你的习惯和性格受书籍的影响不亚于受朋友的影响。 Be as careful of the books you read, as of the company you keep; for your habits and character will be as much influenced by the former as by the latter. |
| 她走时,他会哭一天。 "When she leaves,he'll cry for a day." |
| 有书不读如藏木。 A book that is shut is but a block. |
| 是否赚了大钱不足为生活中是否真正成功的标准。 Success in money--making is not always a good criterion of real success in life. |
| go down (船)下沉,(太阳、月亮)落下;吞下;(海、风)平静下来;(价格)下降 |
| acute a. 厉害的;敏锐的;(疾病等)急性的 |
| claim n. 要求;有所根据而索取的款项;要求权;要求之物; v. 要求承认;宣称;值得 |
| stale a. 食品不新鲜的;陈旧的,过度劳累而表现不佳的;陈腐的 |
| loaf n. 一块面包,块,团 v. 消磨时间 |
| outline n. 提纲;外形,轮廓,略图; vt. 概述,概括;描…外形,描…轮廊 |
| verdict n. (陪审团)裁决;定论;意见 |
| drawback n. 障碍,不利 |
| ravage vt./vi./n. 毁坏,蹂躏;抢劫,掠夺 |